MSU BROAD ART MUSEUM
547 E Circle Dr.
East Lansing, MI 48824
Closed on Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day.
MSU Broad Art Museum admission is always free.
With your health and safety in mind, we are requiring ticket reservations in advance.
Our visitor guidelines will help you get the most out of your MSU Broad experience.
- Have conversations about the art.
- Share your experience with us! @MSUBroad
- Take photos for personal (non-commercial/promotional) use within the museum, provided that they are respectful of the building, objects, and fellow visitors. The following restrictions apply during public hours: flash photography, use of tripods/monopods/selfie sticks, use of lighting equipment, and inhibiting the experience of other visitors.
To schedule a photoshoot outside of public hours, please contact us at email@example.com a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
Thank you for helping us protect the artwork by:
- Not touching the art—natural oils from hands and fingers cause damage.
- Not eating or drinking in the galleries.
The following items are not allowed in the galleries and can be left at our coat check during your visit:
- Backpacks, shopping bags, and all bags larger than 11 x 17 in. Small backpacks are allowed if worn at your side.
- Food, gum, or beverages of any kind
- Tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, and umbrellas
- Pens, paint, or any wet medium
MSU ramps and lots are open to the public after 6pm Monday–Friday and all day on weekends. Metered parking is available in Grand River parking structure (Ramp 6) during business hours. Paid parking is also available throughout the City of East Lansing (rates in effect 8am–3am Monday–Saturday). View a parking map.
The nearest designated accessible parking spaces can be found directly south of the museum in Lot 8 (next to the Student Services building) and are available to vehicles with the appropriate state-issued disability parking placard at any time. Additional accessible parking can be found in the Grand River parking structure (Ramp 6), as well as north of Grand River Avenue in the City of East Lansing surface lots.
Drop-Off + Pick-Up
Visitors wishing to drop-off or pick-up members of their party can do so via eastbound Grand River Avenue utilizing the U-shaped drive between Berkey Hall and the museum. The path from this drive to the museum’s west entrance is heated and barrier-free. If you or a member of your party could use additional assistance at drop-off or pick-up, please ask a museum staff member or contact visitor services at (517) 884-4800.
The MSU Broad is a barrier-free facility and strives to support the accessibility of the exhibitions, events, and communication to all patrons. If you have questions about access or wish to request special accommodations, please contact Stephanie Kribs, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 884-3911.
Familiarize yourself with our space before you visit with this virtual tour presented by Able Eyes: MSU Broad
The MSU Broad Art Museum features a museum store! Make sure to stop by and check out a wide selection of goods and gifts. With a focus on artist-made items and innovative design, you’ll find unique stationary, jewelry, home goods, and more. You’ll also feel good knowing that all proceeds directly support the museum and its mission.
Stay engaged with the MSU Broad virtually! We've gathered our online content in one convenient place so you can connect with the MSU Broad from your home, or wherever you happen to be right now. Experience dynamic video content, virtual visiting, opportunities to make art from home, and more.