Summer Art Camp Status Update
As MSU continues to evaluate the safety of our campus and community in response to COVID-19, our campus has made the difficult decision to cancel all summer camp programs. This includes Summer Art Camp at the MSU Broad.
We were disappointed to cancel camp, but we still wanted the chance to make art together this summer! That's why we've launched Sketchbook Club, a remote summer learning opportunity for young artists aged 6–18. Learn more about Sketchbook Club here.
This is not your average art camp! Learn to see differently, rethink the familiar, and explore the endless possibilities of art-making every day at the MSU Broad Summer Art Camp! Camp meets for weekly sessions from 9am–3pm daily.
Bring your imagination and creativity to art camp this summer at the MSU Broad!
Need-based scholarships are available. See below for more information.
$250/week — enroll by March 15 for $50 off!
Summer Art Camps
Summer Art Camp 2020 Handbook
- Art is Surprising: June 15–19
- Looking for something out of the ordinary? Explore the many ways contemporary art can be unusual, unexpected, and unbelievable! Create your own surprising artwork in this fun and playful camp.
- Art is Silly: July 6–10
- Looking for a laugh? Join us for a light-hearted peek into some goofy, silly, and downright funny contemporary art. Create artwork that expresses your unique personality and sense of humor.
- Art is Loud: July 20–24
- Do you have something to say? Join us as we explore the many ways that contemporary artists communicate through their work. Create artwork that expresses your own thoughts in a big way!
- Art is Amazing: Aug. 3–7
- Prepare to be wowed! Explore the incredible world of contemporary art as we celebrate diverse artists from around the world. Create awesome artwork that expresses your own amazing ideas!
- Art is Active: Aug. 10–14
- It’s time for action! Join us as we learn about contemporary art that is fun and fearless. Create your own bold and exciting artwork in a variety of active ways!
- Art is Moving: June 22–26
- Where will art take you? Join us as we explore the many ways contemporary art can affect what we think and do. Make your own artwork that connects creativity and engineering in this inventive camp.
- Art is Fantastic: July 13–17
- Are you a daydreamer? Join us on an adventure into the imaginations of contemporary artists to meet fantasy characters in magical lands. Create artwork inspired by your own imagined creatures, places, and stories!
- Art is Social: July 27–31
- How can you impact your community? Explore the world through a social lens as we create artwork with the people, places, and things around us. Learn about contemporary artists who interact with their communities in similar ways.
The MSU Broad is committed to keeping camp accessible and affordable for all families. Full need-based scholarships are offered by the museum for individual camp participants.
Completed applications are due Sunday, March 15, to firstname.lastname@example.org. All scholarships will be awarded by Friday, April 10, 2020.
Need-Based Scholarship Application
Summer Art Camp scholarships have provided creative camp opportunities to over 100 children in the past five years. Donate now to help expand our scholarship program: givingto.msu.edu/gift/?sid=2141
Program Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Cancellations more than six weeks prior to the enrolled session are subject to a non-refundable service fee of $25.
- Cancellations between two and six weeks prior to the enrolled session are subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the enrolled session.
- If the MSU Broad must cancel Summer Art Camp, full refunds will be available.