The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University welcomes any kind of donation, large or small. We are grateful to our generous donors and supporters who help us share our exhibitions, collections, and programs with visitors from around the world. Regardless of the amount, any gift will have a direct and beneficial impact on the visitors and communities we serve. We hope you will join us in shaping the future of the MSU Broad!
There are several ways to donate to the MSU Broad:
- Become a member
- Give online through MSU’s secure giving website
- Call our development staff at (517) 884-3914
- Make checks payable to “Michigan State University” and mail to:
Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum
Michigan State University
556 East Circle Drive, Rm 344
East Lansing, MI 48824
Open or closed, the Broad MSU is continuously operating lights, climate, and security measures along with a number of other systems that make maintaining an art museum a 24/7 task—and that can get costly.
Contributions to the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum Annual Fund provide vital ongoing support for:
- Continued free admission for all visitors to the museum
- General expenses associated with the daily operation and maintenance of the museum
- Dynamic educational programming for all ages, including family days, artist talks, films and performances, and a docent program that brings art to schools and schools to the museum
- The Land Grant: Art, Agriculture, Sustainability, an annual residency program for artists whose work addresses land use, food, and urban development with a focus on sustainability
- Conservation of our expansive permanent collection
Matching gifts are a great way to maximize your impact! To promote charitable giving, many companies match their employees’ contributions to arts and culture organizations. If you are affiliated with a company that matches gifts, you can double or perhaps triple the value of your gift. Many companies will also match gifts made by employee spouses and retirees. Visit MSU’s Matching Gifts page to find out if your company has a matching gift policy.
Many individuals and families can make gifts of personal significance that will help support every aspect of museum operations. Contributions of $10,000 or more are considered major gifts and qualify for membership in one of MSU’s Donor Societies. For more information on the benefits of MSU’s Donor Societies, remaining naming opportunities within the museum, or tailoring a major gift to fit your needs, please contact the museum’s development department.
Estate and planned gifts can provide a lasting legacy and offer essential support to the museum’s future. In addition, planned gifts often provide significant financial benefits to the donor, including substantial tax deductions and income to donors or their loved ones. Demonstrate your commitment to artistic and civic values by making a planned gift today. If you’re unsure of where to start, contact our development staff and they can assist in choosing the option that works best for you.
Gifts of Art
The MSU Broad welcomes gifts of art, as they constitute a vital part of our collection. By donating a work of art, you are ensuring that your cherished work will be in the best possible care and enjoyed by the public. The MSU Broad offers various options for gifts of art to suit your needs, including outright gifts, bequests, and fractional gifts. If you are contemplating a gift of art, please contact our development staff.